- Let your own grief tell you what it needs, then do your best to give it.
- Surround yourself with people who love you.
- Avoid people who insist you should feel better.
- Cling to people who let you feel bad.
- Give yourself time to do "nothing."
- Put your hands in the earth.
- Find someone who has experienced a loss and talk to them.
- Cry when you need to cry.
- On a day when you feel better, let yourself.
- Read grief books if it helps. Don't read them if it doesn't help.
- Talk to your lost loved one - assume they can hear anything you have to say. Listen for the echo of an answer.
- Make a refuge of your home.
- Let the future take care of itself.
- Remember you are the expert when it comes to your own grief.
- Listen to the whispers in your heart.